8/20/2014

Guru

(Source: www.sangrea.net free cartoons)


"Write something in the morning."

The grape-soaked words stagger through cyberspace and appear on my screen, ending the longest Internet chat we'd had in ages.

I'd been about to head to bed, but I drop back into my chair, and type, "Why? Because you said so? Why should I listen to you? You're a self-proclaimed 'douche,' and a drunk one at that."

Even as I hit the enter key, though, I know I will. A guru is very hard to say no to.

There Is no answer, but from behind the blinking cursor, I can almost hear his chuckling response.

"Word."


***

2 comments:

  1. Patti
    I stopped by to say "hi" and see what you were up to.
    Writing yep me too.
    Hope the ink is behaving

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? I would love to hear from you.