5/02/2010

100-Word Challenge: Confessed

 
This week's prompt 100 words of prose or poetry is "confessed," and  this is my confession.  For more, visit here and check out the comments.

Her Confession, Delivered Too Late


She and her new husband stood waiting to be introduced for the first time as husband and wife. “Ladies and gentlemen, I’m honored to present Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Johnson!”

The doors opened, and as they walked though to join their guests, the room burst into a loud cacophony of sound. She gasped, and looked around in astonishment. Scattered around the reception hall, several of his relatives were standing, joyfully banging on pots and pans with serving spoons!

Laughing, her husband said, “It’s called a callithump. It’s for good luck.”

“Um, honey,” she confessed, “I don’t really like percussion music.”

10 comments:

  1. This one made me smile... and chuckle a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really funny, Patti!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL1 I never heard, 'callithump; before except when my kids were under five and tore through the kitchen cabinets. Wonderful and fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stumped the chump with callithump! Hadn't heard that one before... and I, a percussionist...

    This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to Google that .. I had honestly never heard the word - and I am not a man with a limited vocabulary. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? I would love to hear from you.